Friday, I shared the story of how a song inspired my novel I, Spy (out this week in case you missed it! 😉 ). This week, as part of the blog launch tour for I, Spy and Mr. Nice Spy, I’m holding a contest to guess the song behind the novel (and novella)!
How to enter
At each stop on the blog tour, I’ll share one clue about the novel or novella’s inspiration song. You will most likely need more than one clue to figure out the answer.
Use your spy skills to piece together the clues to figure out the song and artist, then email me at contest (at) jordanmccollum.com with your answer! Entries must be received by 11:59 PM MDT 13 June 2013.
Every correct entry will be entered in a random drawing—one each for the novel and novella—to be announced on my blog June 14.
The winner of each drawing (one for the novel and one for the novella) will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN GIVEAWAYS. A PURCHASE WON’T IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. You can’t win both prizes. Sorry.
2. Open internationally—if you can get on Amazon, you can use the prize, so you can win the prize. (Gift card amount is in US dollars.)
3. A limit of one entry is allowed per e-mail address, per contest. You may not enter each contest more than once, whether or not you use a different e-mail address. Subsequent entries determined to be submitted with the same email address or from the same individual using multiple email addresses may be declared ineligible. (So you can enter both contests one time each, but not more than one entry in each contest.)
4. A prize number will be assigned to your entry upon receipt of your entry. A winning number will be generated using Random.org on or shortly after the Entry Deadline Date. If your Prize Number matches the Winning Number, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
5. I will send the Amazon Gift Card to the address used on your entry within three (3) days after the Entry Deadline Date if you win the prize. (An Amazon Gift Card can be applied to any account, so the email doesn’t have to match the address you use at Amazon.)
6. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash.
8. Entry in the contest constitutes permission to use winner’s name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration. (I’m gonna announce your name on this blog.)
9. The giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in my opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the giveaway.
10. By entering the giveaway through this website, you release Jordan McCollum from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
You can find today’s clues at our blog tour stops! Today’s stops also feature quick, fun vlogs about putting your spy skills to the ultimate test: real life.
Julie Coulter Bellon – Mr. Nice Spy (Also: using your spy skills to enjoy sweets without having to share with your kids!)
Renae Mackley – I, Spy (Also: using your spy skills to convince someone the car you’re driving isn’t stolen!)
M. R. Buttars – I, Spy (Also: using your spy skills to escape annoying relatives!)