Happy Independence Day! Having fun with the INDIEpendence Day Blogfest? I know I am! So how about another?
Could you keep a secret from someone you loved? A big one? In my book I, Spy, Talia keeps a pretty big secret from her boyfriend Danny: the fact that she’s actually a CIA operative.
While it’s obviously not fun to live, it was a lot of fun to write someone keeping that kind of secret. So I thought we could share the fun! That’s right, it’s a BLOGFEST with FABULOUS PRIZES!
How to participate (and rules)
1. The theme is I Spy . . . a secret. It’s all about keeping a secret from someone you love. So what do you put in your post?
- Write a scene with one character keeping a secret from someone s/he loves
- Post a scene from one of your books (WIP, published, draft, whatever) with one character keeping a secret from someone s/he loves
- Tell about a time in real life where you kept a secret from someone you love
2. You may share a story from your life, OR write a new scene on the topic, OR you may post a scene from your WIP. [This doesn’t preclude completed works. Because, after all, no work of art is ever finished, only abandoned.]
3. Please keep all scenes clean , without sex, gratuitous violence or foul language.
4. Post your scene on July 19, 2013, and add it to the Mr. Linky (on my post that day, though you’re free to sign up below, too). Link your post back to the blogfest on here so your readers can read other entries, too.
5. Read, enjoy, and comment on other entries!
6. Fabulous prizes! I’ll be giving away Amazon gift cards (number of prizes based on the number of entries), plus a freebie for anybody who participates (even if you’re only reading!)
Tell your friends! Copy this and paste it in the HTML of a blog post or your sidebar:
Want it bigger or smaller? Change the number at width="300" to adjust the size.
Thank you for signing up in advance!
- Jordan McCollum
- M.R. Buttars
- Sheena-kay Graham @ Queendsheena
- Marsha Ward
- Sarah Anderson
- Hillary Sperry
- Jeanna Mason Stay
Blogfest badge photo by Catherine