If you had trouble seeing the linky before, it has been fixed! (I hope!)
Could you keep a secret from someone you loved? A big one? In my book I, Spy, Talia keeps a pretty big secret from her boyfriend Danny: the fact that she’s actually a CIA operative.
While it’s obviously not fun to live, it was a lot of fun to write someone keeping that kind of secret. So I thought we could share the fun! That’s right, it’s a BLOGFEST with FABULOUS PRIZES—TODAY!
How to participate (and rules)
1. The theme is I Spy . . . a secret. It’s all about keeping a secret from someone you love. So what do you put in your post?
- Write a scene with one character keeping a secret from someone s/he loves
- Post a scene from one of your books (WIP, published, draft, whatever) with one character keeping a secret from someone s/he loves
- Tell about a time in real life where you kept a secret from someone you love(d)
2. You may share a story from your life, OR write a new scene on the topic, OR you may post a scene from your WIP. [This doesn’t preclude completed works. Because, after all, no work of art is ever finished, only abandoned.]
3. Please keep all scenes clean , without sex, or gratuitous violence or foul language. (Like PG, PG-13 here, ‘kay?)
4. Post your scene TODAY, July 19, 2013, and add it to the Mr. Linky. Link your post back to the blogfest on here so your readers can read other entries, too.
5. Read, enjoy, and comment on other entries!
6. Fabulous prizes! I’ll be giving away Amazon gift cards (number of prizes based on the number of entries winners drawn at random from entries received on the linkie by midnight MDT 19 July 2013 and announced here on JordanMcCollum.com Monday, 22 July 2013. YOU SHOULD CHECK BACK BECAUSE YOU MUST EMAIL ME TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE), plus a freebie for anybody who participates (even if you’re only reading!).
So, again: write a blog post about one of those things, link back here in your post, and sign up on the linkie.
Tell your friends! Copy this and paste it in the HTML of a blog post or your sidebar:
Want it bigger or smaller? Change the number at width="300" to adjust the size.
Sign up here & visit the other participants!
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO SIGNED UP IN ADVANCE! Your links are still on the signup post, but please be sure to share your actual POST for the blogfest (not just a link to your main blog address) below.
Share your blog post here! Use your name (or your name@your blog’s name, or your blog’s name), and the complete permalink to your post—i.e. http://yourblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-goes-to-my-post.html, NOT JUST http://yourblog.blogspot.com!
This blogfest is closed.
- Jordan McCollum
- Callooh Callay Callay
- Marsha Ward ~ Writer in the Pines
- Monique Bucheger
- Sarah Chafin
- Hillary Sperry
- M.R. Buttars
Please visit, read, link & comment!
Just for reading a blog fest post, you can get a free e-copy of the novella Mr. Nice Spy, a prequel to I, Spy! Use the coupon code SECRET on my site store here! (Coupon code good through July 26, 2013.)
Blogfest badge photo by Catherine