Whoa. Where did March go? And my birthday’s already over, so April’s kinda downhill from here 😉 . But I’ve got lots of time to get crackin’ on these goals!
- Host the goal-setting challenge for my writers’ group, the March-a-thon. (Which helps with everything else!)—Done! I let it slide a bit more than I meant to, but luckily planning ahead and delegating meant that it didn’t totally fall apart. Thanks to everyone who helped!
- Enter rewrites from critique group suggestions on Spy Another Day 3.—Done! THAT, my friends, was a lot of work. I actually did two whole drafts on that, and still have 450 notes to address, mostly from myself. (Not exaggerating.)
- Begin the deep edit on Spy Another Day 3.—Yes . . . if doing 1 page on Monday counts.
- Enter beta feedback on next writing craft book & finish writing out examples.—Yep! Thanks, betas!!
- Prep that book for publication.—Yep! (Obviously)
- Make cover and gather materials for next-next writing craft book.—Um . . . whoops. Now it’s done.
- More Whitney award reading.—Yes! I’d hoped to read 12 Whitney books in March, but I only got 10.5. I’m so not disappointed 😉 . With the five I’d already read, that leaves me 5 books to read by next week.
- Write a novella (gulp!)—Yeah, no. Still feeling out the plot on this one, but I need to get it done. Seriously. However, I did get 1000 words on Monday, and taken with the scene I needed to get out of my head in November, the first chapter is nearly done.
The first two goals here are my top priorities, but the rest are in a roughly chronological order.
- Top priority: finalize my presentations for (and attend) the LDStorymakers conference!
- Second priority: Finish those last 5 Whitney reads!
- Seriously, write that dang novella.
- Deep edit Spy Another Day 3 and incorporate cultural feedback.
- Reread Saints & Spies to begin the publication phase!
- Write new stuff for next writing craft book.
The list looks short, but some of those tasks are huge. But I got this . . . right?
What’s up for you this month?
Photo by Celestine Chua