Last month, I was really daunted by my goals, things I’d been chipping away at way too slowly for months. So, how did it go?
- FINISH THE NOVELLA—DONE. Sort of. You see, one of the reasons this novella was so tough was that . . . it wasn’t a novella at all. I deluded myself even after I passed the projected 30,000 word count halfway through, even when I hit 50,000 words, even when I finished at 62,000 words. I could cut it back, I told myself. Other than all these scenes I need to add . . . So now I have a new problem: when am I going to find time to edit a full novel??
- DO THE EDITS—done. They’re not all entered, but the last few are sitting there in my file waiting for me.
- Do rewrites on Saints & Spies—with the novella turning into a novel, I decided to move this a little later.
- Participate in a sale event (more on that coming up later in the month!)—check! Not as successful as my last big sale, but still a big bump!
- Think about marketing & website stuff.—did some of this. More to come.
Whew! That looks like a ton of progress!
I know, the month’s half over. But here’s what I wanted to get done starting at the beginning of the month.
- Start editing the newest novel
la. Hoping to make it through the first quarter or third.
- Read through Tomorrow We Spy again and apply latest round of critique notes; send to beta readers.
- READ. A lot. I need to recharge!
- Think about website and marketing stuff even more.
- Get beta reader feedback and incorporate, getting the novel ready to go to my editor
I think I can?
What’s up for you this month?
Photo by Celestine Chua